2021/2022 Pool Rules & Entry Information
- The objective of the pool is to pick a team of golfers who will win
more money in the 2021/2022 PGA Tour season than all other teams.
- The fee to enter a team is $130.00 (Canadian)
- Your team must include exactly 10 golfers chosen from the list of
no more and no less.
- If a golfer is not included on the list then that golfer is not eligible for the pool.
- Each golfer is assigned a 'buy' value. The buy value assigned to each golfer in the list of
Eligible Golfers is the
official amount that will be used for pool purposes.
- The total 'buy' amount of your 10 selected golfers must not exceed the
'buy' limit of $17,500,000.
- The list of eligible golfers includes the following:
- The golfers finishing in the top 125 on the 2020/2021 FedEx Cup points
list. Their buy amount is their official 2020/2021 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers who were not PGA Tour members in 2020/2021, but finished
with more points than the 126th person on the FedEx Cup points list. Their buy amount
is the greater of $850,000, or their 2020/2021 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers with an exemption based on a prior tour win. Their
buy amount is the greater of $800,000, or their official 2020/2021 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers finishing in the top 25 on the 2020/2021 Korn Ferry money
list. Their buy amount is the greater of $750,000, or their official 2020/2021 PGA Tour
- Those golfers finishing in the top 25 in the 2021 Korn Ferry Playoffs
who were not already qualified through the Korn Ferry money list. Their buy amount is
the greater of $750,000, or their official 2020/2021 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers finishing between 126 and 150 on the 2020/2021
FedEx Cup points list. Their buy amount is the greater of $700,000, or their 2020/2021 official
Tour earnings. These golfers have conditional status only.
- Golfers using a medical extension are ineligible.
- Golfers using a life-time exemption or a career money list exemption are
ineligible, as are golfers who do not have a PGA Tour card.
- The Pool Administrator may rule an eligible golfer to be ineligible if he
deems it to be in the best interest of the Pool. This year no golfers have been ruled ineligible.
- Each team entered is eligible for 11 different pools: the main pool
plus 10 monthly pools (Oct. & Nov. 2021, and Jan. through August 2022).
- $110.00 from each entry fee is allocated to the main pool
and $20.00 is allocated to the monthly pools.
- In the main pool, approximately 16% of the teams entered will receive a cash
prize at the end of the season. The first place finisher will receive approximately 15% of the money
allocated to the pool. The exact number of teams receiving prizes and the dollar amount of each prize
are based on the total number of teams entered. This information will be published right after the
entry deadline passes. You can select the
menu item to view the allocation.
- There will be three winners in each monthly pool. They will receive
approximately 50%, 30%, and 20% of the money available, respectively. The exact
amounts will be published right after the entry deadline passes. You can click the
Allocation menu item to view the monthly allocation.
- A tournament is included in a given monthly pool if it is scheduled to end in that
month. For example, if a tournament starts on May 28th and ends on June 1, then it will be included
in the June pool, not the May pool.
- As an added bonus, the team finishing last in the main
pool will receive a free entry into the 2022/2023 pool.
- All entry fees collected, except for approximately $300.00, will be
paid back out in prizes. The money held back is used to cover the free entry given to the last
place team from the prior year, website hosting fees, banking fees, and general administrative
- The cash payments for all prizes, including the monthly prizes, will not be
distributed until after the season-ending event in August. All prize values are stated in Canadian funds.
- Cash payments to participants not residing in Canada will be converted
to their local currency at the going exchange rate.
- The first two events of the 2021/2022 season, the Fortinet Championship and the
Sanderson Farms Championship will NOT be included in the Pool. The first tournament counting in the Pool
is the Shriiners Children's OPen, which starts on Thursday October 7, 2021. Once that tournament starts,
your team is frozen, no changes will be allowed after that.
- The Pool will end on August 21, 2022, with the conclusion of the BMW Championship.
Even though the Tour Championship, which is played the following week, is the last official event
of the season, it is not included in the Pool because it is only played to determine the
distribution of the FedEx Cup bonus money. There is no other prize money allocated to the event.
- You can enter as many teams as you like, however, no two
of your teams may contain the exact same 10 golfers.
- Team ownership may be shared between 2 or more individuals.
- Nicknames will be used to identify teams in the standings, unless one is not given.
In that case the name of the team owner will be used.
- The standings list will be updated weekly and posted on the golf pool
THE ENTRY DEADLINE IS 6:00 PM ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2021
THE PAYMENT DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2021
Payments can be sent through an e-mail transfer, or by cheque through the mail. Teams not paid for
by the payment deadline will be removed from the pool.
For my contact information, please go to the Contact page.